Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Pageviews all time history 1,767,074 views of intuitivefred888 so far

I remember when I passed 1,000,000 view and it was a pretty big deal for me. Now, I'm heading for 2 milion views and this is amazing also. Also, I'm getting between 70,000 to 120,000 views per month now as well which is also interesting worldwide.

What motivates people to visit your site might be different than you expect. Until I started actually reading my statistics pages I had no idea what people wanted to read. But then, I realized if my readers and I were interested in the same things then that would be fun for me to share with them what they want to read and what I want to write and compile about.

Remember, a blog is not what you want people to read about it is what they actually want to read about.

When articles go viral like:
Anthropogenic effects:Human impact on the environment:Wikipedia

I was pretty mind blown at how fast this one article when to almost 14,000 views worldwide.

You just never know what articles are going to go viral like this one did a couple of years ago now.

So, as you start your blog if you are interested in people reading what you write or compile visit your statistics page and study this so you know what people like at your site. If you give people what they are interested in, often their friends are interested in the same things and your articles will go viral one by one or in a group.

So, it's sort of like owning a business, if you give your customers what they want they will keep coming back. If you give your readers what they want then they not only come back they tell their friends worldwide.

However, my site is a completely non-profit site and I do this purposely. Don't think you can put adds at your site and run a site like this one. I'm only allowed to do a site like this worldwide because it is considered to be a public service worldwide. That's likely the only reason I'm left alone to do this sort of site even here in the U.S. because there are no adds at all that I put at my site.

Once in a great while I forget to clean an add out of something I'm quoting but that is the exception rather than the rule.

No comments: