Sunday, August 20, 2017

I liken Being and Non-Being to being awake and asleep

Being is like when you wake up in the morning. Non-Being is like being asleep. Both are equally important to human existence and a balanced body and mind.

When I had sleep deprivation for around a month from my burst appendix operation (Spring 2015), neither the operation nor the week before doctors defined that I had had a burst appendix during which I almost died wasn't the worst of it. The very worst of it was sleep deprivation on top of the PTSD of all of this that made it so I couldn't sleep at all around 23 hours a day for a month. This was the worst thing I had to deal with trying to stay alive and balanced for the first month after the operation. Then, when I tried to get away from my wife and her friend because I didn't have enough mental balance to function properly because of sleep deprivation,  I blacked out driving my motor home north on Interstate 5 and while I was blacked out woke up almost hitting a semi truck full of gasoline. I then stopped realizing I was a danger to myself and others and got my 1st ex-wife and a friend to drive me and my motor home the rest of the way to Mt. Shasta.

So, in the same way, the balance of Being and non-being (awake and asleep) allows humans to be in balance with themselves. Somehow as a soul (when a soul is separate from a human body either before passing or before birth) it needs to have something like this too.

I also equate Being and Non-Being to the in breath (awake) and the out breath (asleep) as the body takes in oxygen (in breath) and releases carbon dioxide (Out breath). Interestingly enough Trees are completely symbiotic with us in that they breathe in (Carbon dioxide) and breathe out (Oxygen) so we are symbiotic with forests and trees because of this. As we breathe out carbon dioxide they breathe out oxygen to replenish us.

This is one reason I prefer to live in or near a forest as they are always making oxygen for me to breathe so I feel refreshed and healthy. Trees are also interesting in that they like to take our pain and give us peace. You will notice people who are not around enough trees take drugs for pain (psychological and physical) and this often leads to their early deaths. I prefer just to live around a lot of trees and take no pain medications at all. This will lead to longevity in most people just being around trees.

No comments: