Sunday, August 20, 2017

My whole life turned upside down after the 1969 eclipse: I was in Venice California then

In front of the apartments on the beach where I lived from August to November 1969 was a small geodesic dome for kids to climb on. I was young still, age 21 a few months before and so when the eclipse happened was one of my days off from work So I lay on top of that geodesic dome on the beach there in Venice and watched the eclipse. the sand flies didn't bother me that high up.

1969 (From beginning to end) was the single craziest year of my entire life. My life went through so many changes it was more like physically dying than anything else. I had to create (over the next few years) an entirely different personality and world view to go on living. I went from being a fairly straight arrow kind of person to someone who learned how to survive literally anything in life.

I learned to become adaptable in a way most people wouldn't want to. But, this likely increased my actual intelligence (in an actual on the job active sense) 1000 fold. So, now when I look at most people I see they simply have never been forced like I was then to grow exponentially and most people seem sort of like little children to me ever since.

I suppose veterans from wars might see people this way too because of the PTSD they experience from seeing so many friends and enemies die and be mangled in front of them ongoing.

But, any way you look at it I didn't have to die in war or be a soldier. But, in my own life I had to learn to take on a Warrior's attitude and demeanor or else I couldn't have survived my life after 1969.

Annular Solar Eclipse on September 11, 1969 - Time and Date

https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/solar/1969-september-11
The annular eclipse on Thursday, September 11, 1969 - Are you able to see it?

No comments: