Saturday, August 26, 2017

Remember that 18 inches of water can carry away most trucks and almost all cars


 
Do not drive automobiles through flooded areas. Remember, 18 inches
of water or less can carry away most vehicles, including trucks.
 
I have been in over 18 inches of water on the Road to Hana on Maui in Hawaii in a Ford
Window van with my family in a torrential Monsoon like storm there and it was
touch and go as water went across my floorboards and I yelled for the family to
jump up and down over the rear wheels so we weren't washed over the cliff next to
the road there and into the ocean. I learned my lesson that day never to drive the
Road to Hana ON Maui in a full on rainstorm because deep water goes across the road
on the way to the sea and 18 inch rocks were rolling into my wheels and hitting them
So even getting out of the vehicle for any member of my family including myself would 
have been fatal.
 
Luckily, one of the jumps of my whole family touched the rear wheels to the road enough
for me to get us safely out of there before we were washed over the cliff next to 
the road and into the ocean. But, I never drove that road again in a full on monsoon 
rainstorm. Once was enough to learn my lesson to keep my family alive. 

No comments: