Monday, November 27, 2017

My Concern with Drones

I grew up reading science Fiction a lot after age 9 or 10 years of age. Part of this came from my father, Grandfather, Uncle and other uncle before World War II all were electricians. And my father, my grandfather and one of my uncles were Electrical Contractors too. (my father in Los Angeles and my Grandfather and one uncle in Seattle, Washington). So, there was this sort of worship from a scientific point of view of people like Nicola Tesla for developing the alternating Current and inventing Fluorescent lights and other amazing things people weren't ready for and because of a few of those things likely he was killed by Westinghouse because of wanting to give free electricity to everyone in the U.S. in 1944.

So, I have this background of growing up reading Popular Science and Popular Mechanics magazines from about age 5 (even though I liked Superman comics a lot too back then). So, Superman and other interesting comics like that combined with National Geographic, Popular Mechanics and Popular Science magazines is what I was interested in because of my father's influence a lot. Also, my dad was valedictorian of his Senior High School Class in Lake Forest Park, SEattle Washington as well.

So, all these things and my father debating with me regularly about (any ) subject taught me to see the pros and cons of every political and scientific point of view from a very young age too. So, this is why when I saw Terminator I cried even though I was then 36 years old. Because of my scientific, Electronics and mechanical background when I saw Terminator I saw the future or more correctly "The potential future of mankind".

The Terminator - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Terminator
The Terminator is a 1984 American science-fiction action film directed by James Cameron. It stars Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Terminator, a cyborg assassin ...

Terminator (franchise) - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminator_(franchise)
The Terminator series is a science-fiction franchise created by James Cameron and Gale Anne Hurd. It encompasses a series of films, comics, novels, and ...
Television series‎: ‎The Sarah Connor Chronicles‎ ...
Original work‎: ‎The Terminator‎ (1984)
Novel(s)‎: ‎T2 trilogy‎ (2001–2004)

The Terminator (1984) - IMDb

www.imdb.com/title/tt0088247/
Rating: 8/10 - ‎663,388 votes
Action · A seemingly indestructible humanoid cyborg is sent from 2029 to 1984 to assassinate a waitress, whose unborn son will lead humanity in a war against ...

Another movie I think practical thinking people should all see is:

Oblivion

Oblivion (2013) - IMDb

www.imdb.com/title/tt1483013/
Rating: 7/10 - ‎422,110 votes
Action · A veteran assigned to extract Earth's remaining resources begins to question what he knows about his mission and himself.

Oblivion (2013 film) - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oblivion_(2013_film)
Oblivion is a 2013 American post-apocalyptic science fiction film based on Joseph Kosinski's unpublished Radical Publishing graphic novel of the same name.
Plot · ‎Production · ‎Distribution


Why?

Because the drones you see in this movie is what we are going to face in the future for mankind. Because in the future (since no people will be fighting and only drones) any people killed through ethnic cleansing will just be dead and no one will know about it at all because of governmental lies.

In some ways on earth it is already this way but it is going to get much worse.

I really fear more now for this with a president like Trump who doesn't like the checks and balances of our government and who doesn't seem to understand the world doesn't just exist for him and all rich people and that's all.

Without the checks and balances of democracy like we have in the United States and Europe the human race will soon be extinct.

Without democracies like we have in the U.S. and Europe I would give less than 50 to 100 years before all life on earth would be extinct. And it might come even sooner than this.

No comments: