Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Which segments of white people are dying young?

In a follow-up to their groundbreaking 2015 work, they say that a lack of steady, well-paying jobs for whites without college degrees has caused pain, distress and social dysfunction to build up over time. The mortality rate for that group, ages 45 to 54, increased by a half percent each year from 1999 to 2013.
But whites with college degrees haven't suffered the same lack of economic opportunity and haven't seen the same loss of life expectancy. The study was published Thursday in Brookings Papers on Economic Activity.
Case and Deaton, who are both at Princeton University, spoke with NPR's David Greene about what's driving these trends. The interview has been edited for brevity and clarity.
end partial quote from:

Explaining The Rising Death Rate In Middle-Aged White People ...

So, from this we can see that it is specifically whites without college degrees that are dying by suicide, alcoholism or drug overdose by ages 45 to 54 specifically.

One of the things young white people can take from this is to realize they too might be dead by 45 if they don't finish college or start their own business like Gates and Steve Jobs did.

Why are people dying so young?

I would say the primary reason would be lack of health care and their bodies wearing out.

I too, had this experience in my 40s where if I hadn't had enough of my ducks in a row I also would have died by 50 when I got a heart virus. But, because by my 40s I had found my way forward instead of dying I retired because I was able to. So, going to college like I did often is a life or death thing in one's life by the time you are 45.

Mostly it is about how you think, your diet, and how you deal with your hopes and dreams. As someone going to college you sort of realize all of life is a "College Bluff" but unless you get this attitude that you can do anything then you can't.

Finishing college isn't necessarily the answer but attaining the attitude like Bill Gates and Steve Jobs had that they could do anything they put their minds to IS the answer. (Jobs dropped out of Reed College in Oregon and Gates dropped out of Harvard).

IF you are "run over by life" in your mind and don't have any confidence then likely you could easily be one of those gone by 45 to 50 if you are white.

So, even going to college is about changing your attitude to: "I can do ANYTHING I want with my life! " And then just proceeding to do it.

 

No comments: