Thursday, January 18, 2018

Communication

In all our lives communication is important. However, then finding people who are trustworthy to communicate with then becomes the issue often. There is personal communication When you are talking to someone you know or have known for a long time. And then there is impersonal communication where you are not sure about the people you might be communicating with. and this is a problem for everyone on earth in some way , shape or form. I suppose there may be people who never leave their small home town where they have known everyone for all their lives and then they might know who to trust and who not to trust. But, when they leave that small town often they might have problems of either being too mistrustful of others or the opposite problem of trusting everyone. This is often a real problem people from small towns have in different environments. Whereas people who were raised in large cities or in suburbs like I was are more used to everyone being a potential threat or an acquaintance but often not a long term friend.

Because friends have to prove their worth to you in live or die situations so you know they are your friend and you can trust them. But then if they have PTSD from their live or die situations then you might not be able to trust them either eventually which is unfortunate.

So, often our best friends we make between the ages of Zero and 30 because of this and often we can never replace friends who saw us through the most difficult times of our lives (zero to 30).

So, it is very important to value your friends who are sane enough and safe enough to still bee around because life can be pretty lonely without them, especially as they pass away one by one over the years.

For example, I will be 70 in the Spring this year and I lost one of my best friends from age 6 in 2006 from church. I lost my best High School friend around 2010 I believe. So, my best friend now still alive is someone I met through my church who I climbed mountains with and rocked climbed in my early 20s now and who I still snorkel with in hawaii and ski with in Mt. Shasta all these years later.

So, sometimes friends are irreplaceable and it's very hard when they are gone and it's hard to not change a lot when they pass on one by one in your life over the years.

But, I'm okay because I still have one friend I ski with and snorkel with a few times a year and my wife and all my kids are okay right now and so life is good. Everyone is healthy and alive and kicking and that's good.

But, life is always bittersweet because most of my cousins and my parents and grandparents and all aunts and uncles are also all gone now too.

But, if you live long enough this is what you have to expect from life. For example, my wife's stepfather passed away at 98 and was still flying me around in his Beechcraft Bonanaza V Tail when in his 80s but also passed away last year. What I find amazing is even if you live to 98 people often are grieving your passing. This is much different than in the 1950s where often you never heard from people much after they were 40 or 50 and often were gone by 60 or before. Now often those same people live to 100 or more which is amazing in itself in how America has succeeded longevity wise for many many people now.

begin quote from:
 https://www.google.com/search?q=number+of+people+over+100+in+the+U.S.&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1-ab


A growing number of Americans are living to age 100. Nationwide, the centenarian population has grown 65.8 percent over the past three decades, from 32,194 people who were age 100 or older in 1980 to 53,364 centenarians in 2010, according to new Census Bureau data.Jan 7, 2013
 
end quote
 
For example, I have heard from another source that there are presently more than 70,00 people over 100 in the U.S. right now which I find an amazing statement to be able to make in 2018. And this number is expected to grow exponentially over this century. I 'm thinking the next goal for people is going to be 150 worldwide.

No comments: