Thursday, February 22, 2018

Donald Trump Proposes Pay Bonus For Armed Teachers

Donald Trump Proposes Pay Bonus For Armed Teachers
This actually makes sense to me as long as the guns used can ONLY be fired by the teachers and not by "playful" students at various ages. Also, Teachers would need training to be able to be safe carrying firearms in shoulder holsters out of site of the children. For example, you have to be trained not to leave a bullet in the chamber where the gun falls out of the holster and could go off. This is for an automatic with a clip in the handle. With a revolver this is less of a problem but can be solved by leaving the hammer above 1 empty chamber so it cannot fire accidentally when it is dropped.

I know about all these things because I was trained to use pistols and rifles from age 6 or 8 years of age and always had a .22 rifle in my room and bullets there too from age 8 onward through adulthood. So, this is just something that people did in the 1950s and before always. I didn't even know a boy in the 1950s that didn't own an rifle and who didn't keep it in his room (as long as he was a boy who could be trusted with one).

This way of life was always more common in the Southeast and west of the Rockies because of the wild areas we live in further westward in the U.S. I grew up in Southern California but my father had lived in Washington, Oregon, Arizona, and Texas growing up and my grandmother gave me my father's .22 pump Remington Rifle when I was 8. She grew up in Texas and was born in the late 1800s. The guns magazine could carry about 17 or 18 bullets depending upon if you had one in the chamber or not.



begin quote from:
Donald TrumpDonald Trump Proposes Pay Bonus For Armed Teachers

No comments: