Tuesday, February 20, 2018

I'm slightly modifying the format of my website

First I realized last night talking to my wife that I need to stop putting full quoted articles because they cannot make it through HTTPS Servers. It's the way they are configured. If you are getting less and less hits from the U.S. and Europe it could be because you are quoting full articles. So, I'm going over to putting only Word buttons to full articles which then I believe can still make it through the HTTPS protocols. I've noticed the articles getting through now so I think this is working. I cannot bypass HTTPS protocols where they are in place so I might as well adapt to what is actually happening here in the western world even though I think it is harmful to bloggers trying to quote important things around the world and then commenting on those important articles.

The top word buttons at this site are the top 10 articles being read in the past 30 days at this site. I don't put them up there myself it is done automatically through programming based upon the number of hits each article receives. Then to your left are the top 10 articles of all time so some articles
21097
 
For example, this single article has had 21,097 visits since October 2, 2014 and continues to rise in visits from around the world. This particular article took me originally about 1/2 a day to a day to fully compile originally.
 
The way it occurred is most of these drones were in a Time Magazine article. I realized I wanted to know more about each of them and so I went into Wikipedia or wherever I could find more information on them and compiled it all into an article which is still receiving many visits ever since that day all these years later. 

Though it unusual for any article to receive this many visits I have had well over 2 million visits to my site so far as well.

In fact my present count right now is: 2,099,207 so we are within 800 visits of 2 million 100,000 visits so far.

Then I try to give you the most read articles in the last 24 hours at this site every day that I'm blogging. Sometimes I also give you the most read articles of the last 168 hours or 7 days here too.

But, as you can see the easiest ones to access are the most read in the last 30 days which are at the top.

When an article gets to the top it tends to stay there for awhile until something else catches fire and rises to the top itself. I'm not always able to predict which articles are going to go viral. There are always many different factors involved. So, I would say about 90% of the time I'm surprised by what actually goes viral that people want to read en masse around the world.

But, if you are a blogger if something is either interesting or important to you often your readers are going to find it interesting or important or both also. This is what I have noticed over time.

No comments: