Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Serena Williams: What my life-threatening experience taught me

What I have noticed in life threatening experiences which take a person near death is that a person needs to be "ready for anything". The other thing is "you cannot panic especially over 40 or 50 and expect to live through anything". So, staying calm and centered and awake as much as possible through anything is important. Luckily, when all this went down for Serena she was conscious and in a hospital so she could tell the nurses she was in distress. The problem becomes if you are alone and go unconscious this then often is fatal. So, before you go unconscious call someone to come get you and take you to a hospital before you die alone and unconscious at home. 

For example, when my appendix burst I didn't know that was what had happened to me in my hotel room alone in March 2015. But, I did know I had to get someone there to take me to a hospital before I passed out from the pain. So, I called friends to come get me and take me to a hospital which they did. Call people or an ambulance to come get you BEFORE you pass out from whatever is going on or you will just die alone there.

Begin quote from:

 

Serena Williams: What my life-threatening experience taught me

No comments: