Wednesday, December 25, 2019

It's been somewhat cold in Portland:

At least compared to the temperatures I'm used to on the California coast. But I guess that is to be expected. There was a fog the other night where the cold just cut very deep in other words was very penetrating if you have ever been in a cold fog it can do that. The temperatures haven't been below about 30 degrees at night so far and fortunately it hasn't been raining while it has been below freezing a degree or two so we haven't have to deal with snow or ice so far on the roads while we were out between 10 am and midnight these last few days. But, it's been great to see my daughter and my son and his family and my daughter's room mate who flew home to the area my daughter and she grew up which is where we live on the coast near San Francisco (the Greater San Francisco Northern California area and coast). (It's supposed to be 29 tonight by the way here in Portland.)

So, all in all it's a good experience. It's often cold enough to want to be wearing either a wool hat or hat of some kind and I found that if I wear a jacket with a faux fur hood that I can flip up while going between a store or home and my car it is helpful and then I don't have to wear a hat that way. So far a good experience but my wife has a little cold from all of this so I'm having to watch her like a hawk to make sure she stays okay throughout this trip.

We had a nice get together for Christmas eve at my daughter's place and there was a lot of laughter and merriment so this is always good. My older daughter and husband sent pictures online from Europe so this was nice to share Christmas eve with them there even though they are about 9 hours ahead of us there in Europe.

So, Merry Christmas Everyone around the World!

No comments: