Friday, April 18, 2014

Hypothyroid? Auto-immune disease? Have you ever had giardia?

If you ever had giardia (whether you had symptoms or not) from traveling to third world nations (or drinking water not pure enough in the U.S. then you might have had giardia.

I didn't learn the following until about 1 1/2 years ago or so:

If you ever had giardia there is a progression of events that often occurs because it is almost impossible to fully rid your intestines of giardia without completely destroying your liver.

Giardia:

Giardia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giardia
Wikipedia
Giardia is a genus of anaerobic flagellated protozoan parasites of the phylum Sarcomastigophora that colonise and reproduce in the small intestines of several ...

CDC - Giardia

www.cdc.gov/.../gi...
United States Centers for Disease Control and Preve...
Mar 8, 2011 - Education and information about Giardia infections including general and medical information on risk factors, symptoms and disease, ...
Now, giardia is protozoa who can live in your intestines for years and years if they are not all killed somehow. Their favorite food is gluten sugar. So, they attack your intestines so your intestines become allergic to gluten over time. Within about 5 to 10 years of this often people become hypothyroid. If they don't give up all gluten at this point the next step is to acquire and auto-immune disease. Though hypothyroidism usually won't kill you, (except from getting bronchitis several times a year or getting a heart virus or other ailments you might become susceptible to) and auto-immune disease might kill you over time.
So, how to you stop this progression? First, if you ever had giardia or suspect you had giardia because your symptoms weren't severe enough, you should ask for a t3 and t4 blood test which can tell you if you are hypothyroid and need to take thyroid medicine daily. I had this test about 2006 and found out most of my health problems had come from this hypothyroid condition. However, at that time I didn't know that having had giardia from India and Nepal had caused my hypothyroid condition. Luckily, I caught this in time to prevent an Auto-immune disease from occurring too by giving up all gluten from wheat, barley and oats. I had learned
 how to eat without wheat, barley or oats in my diet.
The first week I went without wheat, barley or oats I lost 90% of the pain in my body. So, it made me as pain free as I was at about 28 years of age and I'm now 65. If you are over 40 or 50 whether or not you are allergic to gluten for whatever the reason likely you will lose 80% to 90% of your pain in your joints, and muscles. This appears to be a given.
Because I'm now allergic to gluten I also lost the swelling of my brain and feeling a little ill whenever I ate gluten as well. So, any confusion that was occurring when eating gluten stopped immediately.
For example, today I wanted a grilled cheese sandwich on Sourdough bread which was a no no for me. So after I ate it I realized I was in so much pain I could barely walk right and my brain has swelled up and i feel very old and sort of confused. So, this much confusion and pain tells me that as much as I like sourdough bread I can't really eat it and want to be alive. So, this is a good lesson for me. 

I'm sharing this so more people over 40 or 50 can know the joy of being alive again. And anyone else who has ever had giardia or has seliacs disease.



  1. Coeliac disease - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coeliac_disease
    Wikipedia
    Coeliac disease (/ˈsiːli.æk/; celiac disease in the United States and often celiac sprue) is an autoimmune disorder of the small intestine that occurs in ...
  2. Celiac Disease Foundation

    celiac.org/
    Life-Changing Opportunity for Individuals with Celiac Disease and other Gluten-Related Disorders in Pasadena, CA June 7-8 LOS ANGELES, CA – April 22, ...
  3. Celiac disease - Mayo Clinic

    www.mayoclinic.org/diseases.../celiac-disease/.../con-200304...
    Mayo Clinic
    Apr 10, 2003 - Celiac disease — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, treatment of this digestive condition affecting children, adults.
  4. Celiac Disease & Gluten-free Diet Information at Celiac.com

    www.celiac.com/
    Celiac disease and gluten-free diet information at Celiac.com. Celiac disease, also known as gluten intolerance, is a genetic disorder that affects at least 1 in ...

    By the way 40% of all humans on earth are presently allergic to gluten in Wheat, Oats and Barley to a greater or lesser degree. So, at it's worse it will kill some people if they eat any gluten at all.At it's best it will just make some people feel really crappy when they eat any gluten.

No comments: