Saturday, March 17, 2018

We should have 2 more days of sun before it starts raining again here in Northern California

The weather men and women were right. We had about 2 to 4 inches almost universally this week throughout the Greater San francisco Bay area since last Monday. The next storm to hit will be tuesday. Squaw Valley right now has the most snow with 158 inches at the top of their highest lift which is well over 13 feet of snow right now. Squaw Valley ski resort is located near Lake Tahoe by the way. The easiest way to get there is from Sacramento over Interstate 80 then head towards Lake Tahoe on Highway 89 and check your GPS for when to turn right. I skied there a lot in the early 2000s. We used to like to stay there when my daughters were under about 12 then.

Now I don't like to ski alone because I'm older. My wife was a good skier but had to give it up because her knees couldn't ski anymore in her 40s. Same with my ex-wife. But one friend of mine and his girlfriend and I and sometimes another friend of ours still ski together at Mt. Shasta Ski park when we can. My friend and his girlfriend and I skied two days last week there. The last run on Wednesday likely was the best downhill skiing for me in 2 or 3 years because there was almost no one there and the conditions were perfect for me to ski in.

No comments: