Sunday, May 13, 2018

Humanoid robot runs upright; could run after you

 Humanoid robot runs upright; could run after you
YES. as I watched the video of the humanoid robot and the speed at which it moved I realized it could also run through people and with sharp moves run it's arms through people or knock off their heads if a bunch of people were running in a group. Or it could do a back flip on top of someone and it's weight (I figure it's weight is 300 to 500 pounds about like a motorcycle coming down on top of any person it chose to jump on. Sort of like of someone dropped a motorcycle on top of you. Being constructed of metal it isn't fragile like a human would be. It would be strong like a motorcycle sort of.
As you can see below it weighs like I said over 300 pounds at 330. My Kawasaki KLR 650 I think motorcycle is I think 385 pounds which makes it too heavy to easily do jumps because you cannot throw the weight easily enough in the air sideways to land right between your knees and hips. So, imagine something metal coming down on top of you. It would be like a 330 pound metal football linebacker coming down on you. (U.S. footbal)l It also says below it is 5.9 feet which converts  to 5 foot 10.8 inches tall so almost  5 foot 11 inches tall. The average man in the U.S. I think is between 5 foot 9 and 5 foot 10 inches tall so above average for an American in height and twice the weight of an average American too and made of metal and plastic. 1/2 of the weight of an Atlas humanoid Robot is 165 pounds or the average American male's weight or therabouts.
Let me give you an example, I'm 6 foot 5 inches tall and sometimes 330 pounds in weight and if someone (an average person) runs into me skiing it is like them running into a stationary tree. In other words they fall down and I don't and I don't get hurt at all and I'm not made of metal either.
So, imagine skiing or snowboarding and running into a 330 pound metal and plastic Atlas Humanoid robot.
330 pounds
Atlas is based on Boston Dynamics' earlier PETMAN humanoid robot, and has four hydraulically-actuated limbs. Constructed of aluminum and titanium, it stands approximately 5.9 feet tall, weighs 330 pounds (150 kg), and is illuminated with blue LEDs.

Atlas (robot) - Wikipedia

People also ask

Atlas | Boston Dynamics

Atlas uses balance and whole-body skills to achieve two-handed mobile .... resulting in a remarkable compact robot with high strength-to-weight ratio and a ...

Atlas (robot) - Wikipedia

Atlas is based on Boston Dynamics' earlier PETMAN humanoid robot, and has four hydraulically-actuated limbs. Constructed of aluminum and titanium, it stands approximately 5.9 feet tall, weighs 330 pounds (150 kg), and is illuminated with blue LEDs.

No comments: