Monday, November 12, 2018

Headlamps?

If you are working on something (like your engine) or you are camping at night and want to accomplish something and not trip over wood or rocks (or people) in the dark a headlamp might be what you need. It frees up your hands for rock climbing or building or fixing something in the rain or snow or whatever you need your hands for. I first bought a headlamp a few years ago to go spelunking in Jot Dean Cave which is an Ice Cave near medicine Lake California. It also might be useful exploring Lava tubes around mt. Shasta and other night time or underground situations or even day time situations with power out in your building if for example a fire or earthquake or hurricane happened and you lost power to your building you are in.

So, having a head lamp might be life or death in some situations. However, the one thing I have learned about headlamps is they have a tendency to "turn themselves on in your pocket". So, because of this I keep my batteries outside of the headlamp until I need them. This way I actually have batteries that are fresh when I actually need them. So, does this mean you need a flashlight to put in your batteries when you most need them? Possibly. So, for example, I always keep a little light and a really small Swiss army knife always on my key chain for emergencies.  I grew up camping with my parents and always am prepared for country and wilderness situations wherever I am on earth. I just find it more useful to be that way. Here is a button on how to change batteries on a black diamond headlamp by the way:

No comments: