Thursday, November 8, 2018

In 2006 my physical trainer discovered I was hypothyroid

Apr 18, 2014

After years of thinking I was going to die by 60 or 65 because of having bronchitis up to 5 to 7 times a winter my physical trainer (who was trained in Germany as a Physician's Assistant diagnosed my hypothyroid condition because she was hypothyroid too.

She helped me get a T3 and T4 blood test which diagnosed my illness that I didn't know about until I was 58 and thinking I might die soon from whatever it was. This was 2006 and I have had a whole new life ever since then. Would I still be alive if I hadn't been diagnosed then or soon after? Likely not. So, if you have ANY of the symptoms I describe from traveling to 3rd world countries or from drinking well water contaminated from Giardia Protazoa here in the U.S. you should ask your doctor for a t3 and if it comes up positive a t4 blood test to see if you are hypothyroid. My personal solution was Armour Thyroid which comes from Pig Thyroids which has no side effects whatsoever. When I first started taking it I felt like I was 20 years old again in my mind and body which has been amazing. I still ski and snorkel in places like Mt. Shasta and Hawaii with my wife and friends and sometimes my kids. I still have a motorcycle, a KLR 650 even now at 70 (but I"m very careful when I ride it to be completely intuitive about when and how and where I ride off  main roads mostly now.) How long can I live? That's up to God at this point.

No comments: