Saturday, March 16, 2019

The following word button takes you to some interesting things

There might be some repetitions here 


Most of this stuff came through me between about 2000 and 2014 I believe. I'm on to a different stage in my life now than then. Last year our two dogs passed away so it's just my wife and I here on the Northern California coast. I went skiing last week but found I was in some pain for the last week since. However, I'm retired mostly so I can go skiing and spend a week recovering from all the fun still and that's okay. I also skied up on Mountaineering skis on Mt. Shasta (which had about 20 feet of snow last week by the way) up to where the Avalanche came down which is about parallel with Horse camp but to the right of it quite a ways. Before I went there I thought it was much further to the left near the rain gauge but it came almost all the way down to Bunny Flat actually if the trees being knocked down hadn't stopped the several mile long Class 4 Avalanche.

I don't write in the same way I used to much anymore for whatever the reason like I did in the above word button. So, I'm fascinated by the way it all reads. I find myself much more in the moment and less thinking about the future or the past than I once did.

Every stage of life changes us and it's sort of like we have to "Roll with the punches" in life to keep living through it all. I guess I understand better people in their 70s, 80s, 90s and 100s now from everything I have experienced.

The one thing I have realized is having your financial ducks in a row by your 40s or 50s is usually whether you are still alive at all in your 50s through your 100s.

In my life right now my only problem is maintaining my health. If I didn't have health insurance I likely would have died in 1998 and in 2015. So, after 40 not having health insurance is sort of suicide or could be so financially catastrophic that you might go bankrupt and lose your home or business.

So, having health insurance after 40 or 50 is often a matter of life and death here in the U.S.

I didn't have health insurance at all until my mid 40s but this literally saved my life at age 50 in 1998.

So, think about what I'm saying here if you want to live past 40 or 50 in your lives.

No comments: