Thursday, August 13, 2026

Bolsa Chica and Huntington State Beaches reported more than 3,100 incidents of stingray lashings this year so far

 It sounds like as bad as being stung by a scorpion like happened to me in 1974 at Hapuna Beach on the Big Island of Hawaii then. I couldn't drive with my right leg so I had to drive with my left leg back to Hilo, Hawaii where my young wife and baby and I lived then in 1974.

However, like with small Scorpions which were black then on Hawaii then I and it's important to note that a bite by a scorpion on the neck or head can be fatal. However, I just couldn't walk on my right leg for a few days or drive a car then because my leg was numb from the knee down so I couldn't feel my foot to walk right or to drive a car then. So, it's possible if you were stung by a stingray in the neck or head that you might die like the famous nature guy in Australia named Steve Irwin a few years ago now. 

begin partial quote: 

 Bolsa Chica and Huntington State Beaches reported more than 3,100 incidents so far this year, twice the number for all of 2025. The city of Huntington Beach's 3.5-mile (5.6-kilometer) stretch of shoreline has reported more than 2,000 such incidents so far this year, more than during all last year, while more than 900 stings were recorded on San Diego’s beaches during the first half of 2026, more than during the first six months of any of the past five years, lifeguard data shows. 

end partial quote from:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment