Tuesday, August 18, 2026

God Moves in Amazing Ways!

 We have all heard: "The Lord Moves in mysterious ways".

However, I think this statement worked better when more people were ignorant about a lot of things.

So, this is why I prefer myself: "God Moves in Amazing Ways!" Because this works much better for me here in 2026.

For example in the 1920s my mother's childhood prayer was:

"Now I lay me down to sleep

I pray the Lord my soul to Keep

If I should die before I wake

I pray the Lord my soul to take

 

Today this would be considered a form of child Abuse to make children say this prayer.

However, in the 1920s up to 20% of children still died between birth and 12 to 20 years old around the world. So, you can understand why this prayer would be appropriate. And even further back at 1900 the death rate of children was 40% of children died between birth and 5 years old.

 begin quotes:
 
Worldwide in 1900, approximately 40% of all children died before reaching their fifth birthday. This high rate of under-five mortality meant that nearly two out of every five newborns did not survive to childhood.
Key Facts on 1900 Child Mortality
  • Under-Five Deaths: Around 400 per 1,000 live births globally.
  • Infant Mortality (First Year): Roughly 150 to 165 per 1,000 live births in many tracking regions.
  • Leading Causes: Infectious diseases like diarrhea, pneumonia, diphtheria, and tuberculosis.
  • Proportional Impact: Children under age five accounted for roughly 30% to 40% of all global deaths at the time.
Would you like to explore how these rates dropped over the 20th century or compare 1900 data to specific countries?
  • Our World in Data
    Child mortality rate - Our World in Data
    Jun 9, 2026 — Child mortality, the death of children under the age of five, is still extremely common in our world today. · The chart shows our ...
  • Gapminder
    The global child mortality rate has dropped - Gapminder
    Worldwide, in year 1900 around 40% of children died before their 5th birthday. Source: Gapminder estimates from various sources ..
Show all
This is for informational purposes only. For medical advice or diagnosis, consult a professional. AI responses may include mistakes. Learn more

 

No comments:

Post a Comment