Intuitive fred888

To the best of my ability I write about my experience of the Universe Past, Present and Future

Wednesday, August 5, 2026

How do you prepare to financially survive the Singularity when it comes?

One of the first jobs that is likely to disappear in all of this is people who drive cars and trucks for a living worldwide. Of course this will happen first regarding things like Waymo Taxis you see in places like San Francisco and Austin, Texas.

However, what is funny about this to me is that the most likely riders of Waymo Taxis are girls between 12 and 18 years old. Why? Because they might survive the Waymo better than their fellow girlfriends driving or boys who drive at really young ages. So, this is why their parents approve of this in riding in a Waymo electric Self driving taxi.

However, if you asked me if I would ride in one of these I would Always say "No". But, in an emergency would I ride in one: Maybe. Not sure. It would depend upon the emergency.

But, I don't want to be in any vehicle where I cannot take over in an emergency and most of these waymos might not have a brake or even a steering wheel on board. (however I need to check this for sure).

Do Waymo Taxis have a steering wheel and a brake? Yes. But as a passenger you are NOT allowed to use them. 

begin quote from: 

 
Yes, Waymo taxis do have a manual steering wheel and foot pedals because they are built using standard production vehicles (like Jaguar I-Pace SUVs). However, riders sit in the back or passenger seats, and passengers are told not to touch the steering wheel or controls while the car drives itself. 
Vehicle Controls
  • Steering wheel: Present in the front cabin, but moves on its own.
  • Brake pedals: Installed in the footwell, used only by company technicians or emergency operators.
  • Driver seat: Left empty and pushed forward to give passengers more room. 
Passenger Experience
  • Touchscreens: Used inside the cabin to start the trip, play music, or pull over.
  • No human driver: The system handles all steering, braking, and accelerating. 
Would you like to know more about how to ride in a Waymo or which cities they currently operate in?
  • Waymo…The Real Driverless Car Has Arrived
    Dec 8, 2024 — so I'm currently in Los Angeles. actually got invited out here by Whimo to come check out their driverless vehicles which are now ...
    Waymo…The Real Driverless Car Has Arrived by Unbox Therapy on Reddit
    12:15
    Reddit·Unbox Therapy
  • Self-Driving Car Technology for a Reliable Ride - Waymo Driver
    The Waymo Driver has a secondary on-board computer that's always running in the background. It's designed to bring the vehicle to ...
    Waymo
Show all

Videos
No steering wheel? Some robotaxis just got approved to ...
Instagram · ABC13 Houston
1 day ago
Instagram · ABC13 Houston
1:03
No steering wheel? Some robotaxis just got approved to ...
Facebook · ABC13 Houston
2 days ago
Facebook · ABC13 Houston
1:04
Federal regulators are clearing the way for robotaxis to operate without steering wheels, and eventually brake pedals too.
Federal regulators are paving the way for robotaxis without ...
Instagram · The Associated Press (AP)
2 days ago
Instagram · The Associated Press (AP)
1:03
Just took my first @waymo and seeing that steering wheel ...
Instagram · Justin | Diabetech
May 28, 2026
Instagram · Justin | Diabetech
1:17

View all
People also ask

 

intuitivefred888 at 3:25 PM
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

‹
›
Home
View web version

About Me

intuitivefred888
I live in Coastal Northern California at present but was raised mostly in Los Angeles and San Diego Counties. I have also lived in Seattle, Santa Fe, New Mexico, Maui and the big Island of Hawaii. My archive site is: dragonofcompassion.com
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.