Yesterday and last night I sort of scared myself in regard to the bleach I was using to clean some reusable containers. So, I put the bleach into these containers and put it in full strength without any water to dilute the extreme alkaline burns you can get from Bleach. I suppose if children found the bleach and drank some it likely would kill them by burning thing that digests food and then they likely would starve or worse from drinking bleach. So, it needs to be some place stored so children under 5 or 10 years old (depending on the child) cannot accidentally kill themselves by pouring on their face or hands or drinking it it like some children might no knowing what it is.
I had an experience with Clove Oil that I was using in the 1980s and I kept this by my bedside on a bad tooth to kill the pain for awhile in the 1980s. Well, my nephew who was then about 4 found it and drank it and we were worried we might have to take him to the hospital but eventually he recovered after screaming for a few hours and us trying to help him and calm him down enough to survive this.
Also, if you get undiluted bleach on your hands then it can get on your face and burn sort of like Battery acid does too. For example, I was refilling my Battery for my motorcycle and connecting the type of battery charger I use to keep the battery charged I think called a Drip charger that keeps it available for you to start the motorcycle even if you store it in your garage and only ride it every once in a while like on weekends or when it's not to cold outside. After I was about 60 years old I found I didn't like riding a motorcycle under about 60 degrees because you get too cold to fast. However, younger riders might not understand this like us older motorcycle riders do. IF you are traveling above 30 or 40 miles per hour the heat goes right out of you even if you are wearing a jacket below about 60 degrees Fahrenheit I find. So, if I rode below this temperature often I would come home and take a hot shower to try to warm up some.
anyway, I got battery acid on a new Flannel Shirt and burned holes in it over the next 24 hours and got some on my face which burned too but I kept it out of my eyes and I kept flushing my face with water. I didn't know I had ruined my new Flannel shirt until the cloth fell out the next few days in spots. but, I still kept wearing this shirt when working at my shop in the garage on my motorcyele or with a pole saw outside (electric) or with long extending tree trimmers or with my electric Weed eater. I find it much easier to use electric stuff including an electric chain saw on the end of a pole saw for trimming by the way because you don't ever have to mess with Gasoline or oil and all you have to do is to sharpen it. Some people like Cordless electrics but I haven't got into that because I'm still pretty old school with 100 foot orange cords outside still. However, I stay off the roof at 78 now because of friends who have fallen and are now broken up in business my age (70s and 80s) so I listen to my wife. The last time I was up on the roof when I snuck up there to resue a hummingbird out of our skylight who was beating his wings against the skylight all afternoon and wouldn't go outside so I lifted up the skylight from the roof to save his life then and he was so tired he barely could fly across the street and into a pine tree for the night. his tail was dragging even flying across the street then but he survived that day at least. Not sure about after that.
anyway, the point is i got into trouble last night because I made the mistake of pouring the bleach out into the sink (that was undiluted) and then one of our house cleaners likely took a rag and then moved it around all over the inside sink and water spigot handles so I got it on my face last night and was trying to keep it out of my eyes which was kind of scary. So, I was worried it was going to get in my eyes and now it's 2 or 3 in the morning and I was worrying about going to sleep and rubbing my eyes which is where you really don't want bleach to be at all ever. But you also don't want to be swallowing it either unless you want to die. So, keep this stuff away from your kids.
NORMALLY IN CLEANING CONTAINERS YOU ONLY WANT TO POUR OUT UNDILUTED BLEACH INTO YOUR TOILET. IT'S THE ONLY SAFE PLACE TO PUT IT REALLY IN ORDER TO KEEP PETS AND PEOPLE OUT OF IT OR FROM WALKING ON IT BAREFOOT SOMEWHERE OUTSIDE AND THEN IT WOULD KILL YOUR PLANTS TOO.
The solution I found for the containers I was trying to clean is what AI said to do which is to use 3% Peroxide solution directly into your containers after putting soap and water into the container first. Then you let the container soak for 30 minutes with straight 3% peroxide solution and then pour it out and rinse out the containers with water and then let them try with any lids off for awhile too.
So, be careful out there so you aren't worrying that you are going to get it in your eyes in the middle of the night doing the stupid thing I did.
But, I wouldn't have had this happen except that my wife is recovering from a knee surgery for 6 weeks AND my son is in an ICU presently for the past week too. But, he is expected to recover too. But, the worry about both of them is kind of rough lately too for a 78 year old man (any way you look at it).
So, everyone hopefully is going to be okay!
By God's Grace
No comments:
Post a Comment