I had just dropped off my son who was then 25 years old and his friend who had just got his Physics Degree from UCSC then and they were traveling mostly on Eurail passes throughout Europe for a few months then. They were headed to the Amalfi coast in Italy and I had to drive the 6 passenger Diesel Motorhome I had rented in Munich, Germany without my son and his friend back to Munich with my mother and 10 year old daughter. many many amazing adventures on this trip!
One of the adventures was that I woke up the morning after staying at the Cristina Hotel there and got out of the bathtub and looked out the window and saw Elohar and Ragna getting out of a motorhome which was likely the Awesome Time Space ship from 7028 that they traveled back in time to alter timelines in to this timeline we are presently on.
They and I and likely thousands of others helped Create the 2nd timeline you and I now live on since September 11th 2001.
Since then my mother passed away in 2008 and my daughter is now married with a daughter of her own and is living in Europe. She told me she and her daughter were visiting a friend in Bavaria Germany recently which was interesting too. They have been trying to stay higher in the mountains lately because the weather has been so hot that many people are dying in Europe from this because electricity is too expensive for most people to get Air Conditioners.
begin quote:
As of August 2026, the average price of gasoline in Germany is approximately $9.35 to $9.53 per U.S. gallon
end quote.
With Gasoline prices this high you can imagine how much electricity costs in Europe which is cost prohibitive for most people in Europe to afford to stay alive with Air Conditioning so they die a lot from the Heat. Besides, it never used to get this hot and often Europeans are not as open to new ideas as Americans and Canadians might be like Air Conditioning.
ON the way to Munich I had taken too long with the boys in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Northern Italy so I had to find the quickest way back to Munich because I barely had enough time to return the Fiat Diesel powered 5 speed stick shift 6 passenger motorhome back to Munich in time to return in and catch our next flight to London Heathrow Airport.
We had already flown to Edinburgh before we flew to Munich, Germany because my mother's relatives came from the Glasgow area and they might have been ship builders because they lived in Clydebank because it was a ship building area.
In Scotland I visited it for the first time then in the Fall of 1999 and I felt so at home there likely because of my genetic Ancestors on my mother' side. I felt I belonged there somehow.
However, my father is Swiss German from the 1700s from his relatives and they were from the Zurich area in Switzerland and had moved to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania then likely to avoid religious persecution.
At that time Philadelphia was where all the Protestants from Europe wanted to go to have religious freedom and not be persecuted for their beliefs then.
However, there in Scotland around Edinburgh where we flew into from London they drive on the left side of the road and I found it dangerous for me especially in the reverse roundabouts everywhere there to be driving at all there with Jet lag. So, I decided to drive north and discovered PitLochry which was amazing then and likely now because of it's ancient quaintness of a little City.
Then we drove north to Aviemore in the Cairngorm Mountains where English and Scottish people sometimes ski there in the mountains in the winter. Also, my daughter was 10 and loved the then roaming Reindeer everywhere up in the mountains above Aviemore too there in Northern Scotland.
However, then we flew from Edinburgh after dropping off our right driver left rear view mirror left shift pattern shifting car before flying south to London and catching a plane to Munich, Germany with my 80 year old mother and my 10 year old then oldest biological daughter then in Fall of 1999 where we rented a 6 passenger Motor home for about a week or so that we drove after picking up my son and his friend as far as Aoste, Italy after visiting Germany south of Munich into Austria and into Switzerland and through the tunnels (which are absolutely amazing through huge mountains in Switzerland. IN fact, there would be entirely different weather every time to drove through a tunnel under a huge mountain there too.
LIke it would be sunny one place and then a tunnel and then it would be raining the next place through a tunnel and the next place it would be snowing. So, this was pretty mind boggling for a Californian becase you would be very unlikely to experience anything like this at all in California simply because of all the Earthquakes we have in California. You could not likely build such exotic Tunnels as you are likely to see in Switzerland, and Austria in California ever.
I also felt the same way in Switzerland as I had in Scotland where I knew I could easily live either place if that could or would ever happen at some point in my life. However, so far I have lived only in California along the coast ever since then because we moved into our home on the northern California coast in June of 1999 and this is now October of 1999 so we have lived primarily here ever since even though my wife inherited another home in Santa Barbara where she grew up mostly too from about age 12 I think.
So, this trip to Europe was on some levels me celebrating still being alive because I was basically dying from October of 1998 until May of 1999 when doctors told me I would probably live because they defined finally my illness which was a heart virus that my heart had somehow recovered from so I lived.
By God's Grace
No comments:
Post a Comment