Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Learning that I was a "Natural Shaman" through a Cultural Anthropology course in College

what do I mean by this?

The Definition in our textbook for this Cultural anthropology course of a Shaman was something like:

"A Shaman is someone who has died psychologically but not physically died and as a result becomes someone who lives both in the physical and spiritual world as a result of this psychological death"

This described me perfectly I realized then in the early 1970s when I took this course because I had had blunt trauma childhood epilepsy which is otherwise known as a childhood concussion which caused me to have seizures often at night while I was dreaming or asleep.

These seizures were for me to die each time in a fairly horrific way over and over again.

I knew eventually if these didn't stop i was going to die.

So, this is how God chose to come into my life through my dying experiences over and over again.

These constant experiences of dying over and over again changed me a lot and then my father wouldn't let me tell any of our relatives except those that saw me actually having these seizures like my mother and father and grandmother who lived with us. So, I wasn't allowed to tell anyone especially in the family that I was having these seizures.

However, it is important to note that this was happening from 1958 until 1963 when I was 10 to 15 years old. 

Then I asked God to come into my body and live with me here on earth and he did and the Seizures immediately stopped and I have never had a seizure at night or anytime at all since I was 15 years old.

In fact, to honor my father I didn't even tell any of my relatives at all about this until I was around 60 years old and then they couldn't really believe it because it was very unlike my father to keep these kinds of secrets from them. However, we were discussing another serious illness in the family of a relative with a serious form of diabetes at the time and I shared my experience with my near fatal illness myself as a way of helping all present through that calamity at the time.

So, in college when I learned that definition of psychologically dying but not physically dying it made complete sense to me why I am the way I am where I live in both the physical and spiritual world at the same time 24 hours a day. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment