Monday, August 17, 2026

MY 2009 KLR 650 was Blue like the pictures below and I kept it in the garage always so it still pretty much looks this good still

Mine looked exactly like this blue one. I gave it to a friend because he builds antique Indian Motorcycles from the 1930s and sells them in his retirement. I didn't really know how to fix the clutch from sticking like it was anyway. But, I really miss riding it a lot. And in some ways since I got my robotic Hernia Surgery I could likely ride it again or one like it but I let my motorcycle license lapse and that is a pretty hard test to pass here in California.

However, if you want an M1 motorcycle license added to your Class C license for driving Cars and Trucks the best way to go about this for passing the driving test is to go to your local community college where they have courses and provide motorcycles like at Cabrillo College in Santa Cruz California which is where I got my most recent motorcycle license likely around 2008 I'm thinking but not sure right now. However, I have been riding two wheel motorized vehicles since I was about 10 or 12 years old especially off road which is what I like doing best. 

I never really felt safe on a Freeway on a motorcycle because especially older people can't see you and trying to stay alive around people that don't see you you better be sure to have enough power to leave them in the dust so to speak. You don't want an underpowered motorcycle when you have people who cannot see you because that could be fatal. 

 THIS TYPE OF MOTORCYCLE IS CALLED A DUALSPORT AND IS DESIGNED SORT OF LIKE A JEEP IN THAT IT IS FOR RIDING IN ALL SORTS OF TERRAIN WORLDWIDE. IT IS ONE OF THE MORE POPULAR BIKES TO RIDE AROUND THE WORLD IN BECAUSE PARTS ARE MORE AVAILABLE MOST PLACES IN ASIA FOR EXAMPLE FOR IT THAN BMW'S LIKE EWAN MACGREGOR AND HIS FRIEND RODE IN "LONG WAY ROUND(2004) 

 

AI Overview
The 2009 Kawasaki KLR 650 is a popular dual-sport and adventure-touring motorcycle featuring a 651cc liquid-cooled, four-stroke single-cylinder carbureted engine. Part of the second generation (redesigned in 2008), the '09 model introduced updated piston rings to reduce the oil consumption issues plaguing earlier years.
A visual walkaround and overview of a stock 2009 Kawasaki KLR 650 showcases its body style and components:

No comments:

Post a Comment