They had a spontaneous memorial out on Lake Siskiyou at Sunset I believe yesterday where friends got together at sunset to memorialize all those lost in Nepal.
There is a connection between Mt. Shasta and Hawaiian Islands and places like India and Nepal among the relatively highly educated people who live in Mt. Shasta too. I'm like that too except that I have only been to India and Nepal for 2 months each in 1985 and 1986 because I was raising children and it was too expensive to go over there a lot of times raising kids and taking care of them and getting them into High School and College along the way.
However, I have a friend who has been over there about 10 times for as much as 6 months at a time too. He learned to play the Tabla Drums from a Tabla Master in Kathmandu from about 1986 to when the master passed on sometime in the early 2000s I believe. So, there is this connection between many people living in Mt. Shasta and Nepal which is an incredibly beautiful place there in the Himalayas.
Also, one of the first peaks a friend of mine Scaled was Langtang which is near where this disaster occurred so he knows this area quite well.
No comments:
Post a Comment