Intuitive fred888

To the best of my ability I write about my experience of the Universe Past, Present and Future

Saturday, September 19, 2026

All my life I have remembered LIFETIMES starting with meeting Jesus in Israel

 In that lifetime I was a Roman Soldier there when Jesus was Crucified so I got to see him up close and personal at that time. I didn't like what was going on at all. I thought it was ridiculous but I didn't want to die right then. Jesus spoke with me more than once and forgave me being a soldier there and told me I needed to stay alive to teach his teachings. So, I returned to Rome and starting teaching people what Jesus had taught me under Rome in the catacombs. This was very dangerous. But, you have to remember I was a Roman Soldier and very well trained and quite capable of defending myself and other Christians because my training as a soldier. So, I was one of the many who helped Christianity take hold in Rome. I was one of many many Roman Soldiers who became Christians. So, there literally was an army of us who stuck together in Rome after returning from the Holy land.

Begin quote: 

 
Tools 
AI Overview
The Fascinating Stories Behind 3 Roman Catacombs
The Catacombs of Rome are vast underground burial networks carved into soft volcanic tufa rock outside the ancient city walls. 
Why They Were Built
  • Roman Law: Laws strictly banned burying or cremating the dead inside the city limits, forcing cemeteries to the outer roads.
  • Shift in Customs: Romans shifted from cremation to inhumation (burying unburnt bodies) by the 2nd century AD.
  • Space and Cost: Underground tunneling was cheaper than buying scarce surface land, making multi-level catacombs a practical solution. 
Who Used Them
  • Early Communities:
    Built largely by Jewish communities first, followed extensively by early Christians who rejected cremation because they believed in bodily resurrection.
     
  • Not Hideouts: Popular myth claims Christians hid from persecutions in the tunnels, but the strong odors, lack of ventilation, and visibility made them impractical as refuges. 
  • Shrines and Pilgrimages: Martyrs and popes were buried inside, turning locations like the Catacombs of St. Callixtus into major pilgrimage sites. 
Decline and Rediscovery
  • Abandonment: By the 9th century, Germanic invasions and pillaging led church authorities to move sacred relics into inner-city churches, leaving the tunnels abandoned and forgotten.
  • Rediscovery: Most were accidentally rediscovered in 1578 when a collapse revealed ancient underground corridors and art. 
If you would like to continue, let me know:
  • Are you planning a visit to Rome and need to know which catacombs are open?
  • Do you want to learn more about early Christian frescoes and symbols?
  • Rome-Museum.com
    Catacombs of Rome - Useful Information - Rome & Vatican Museums
    The catacombs were located outside the city walls because Roman law forbade burying the dead in the city. The catacombs are made u...
  • Wikipedia
    Catacombs of Rome - Wikipedia
    Since burials were not allowed inside the city walls, and early Christians did not agree with the pagan practice of cremating thei...
  • YouTube·Geographics
    Roman Explorations I: The Christian Catacombs of Rome
    Roman Explorations I: The Christian Catacombs of Rome only had one function the burial of the dead. and they were not secret eithe...
    12m
Show all

Catacombs of Rome


Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Catacombs_of_Rome
ancient catacombs, some rediscovered since 1578, others even as late as the 1950s. beginning in the 2nd century AD, ancient Roman ban on burials within a city, ...
The roman Catacombs- history from en.wikipedia.org
People also ask

 

 

intuitivefred888 at 12:35 AM
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

‹
›
Home
View web version

About Me

intuitivefred888
I live in Coastal Northern California at present but was raised mostly in Los Angeles and San Diego Counties. I have also lived in Seattle, Santa Fe, New Mexico, Maui and the big Island of Hawaii. My archive site is: dragonofcompassion.com
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.