The Rocks are our bones
The Water is our blood
Our Breath the Sky
In the 1980s I saw this truth above as I hauled out of a Sweat Lodge with Charlie Thom then at the river coming into Lake Siskiyou. When you get out of a sweat lodge often it is so hot in there you get the spins which is what happened to me that day. So, I got into the ice cold water of this stream and cooled down on the warm river bank on sand and river rocks and the Universe, God, including River spirits and spirits of the ocean, sea and sky all said this to me this three line (Koan) to tell me how intertwined all humans are with the earth, the Water and the Sky.
There is really no way to separate us from the Earth and Water and Sky because
We all breathe
we all have blood that needs the water to exist
And today I hadn't seen the ocean where I live at least (I saw the San Francisco Bay when I landed at San Jose) but today I just went to the beach with our corgi dog after she was groomed and she and I were very happy there walking along the beach.
I was surprised that the winter sands are already starting so early because the sand is already down about 3 feet from where it likely would be most years.
What I think actually happened is that all the Hurricanes and Tropical Storms in the Pacific Ocean eroded the beach quicker this year so our sand levels might be really low.
On an average year the sand usually moves vertically about 7 to 10 feet down and then goes up in the Spring and summer when the storms mostly end.
However, this year storms out to sea every where in the Pacific have been more constant including Hurricanes in this Super El Nino year we are presently in. So many places might have their sand taken away right down to Bedrock for the winter this year especially along the California Coast from San Diego to the Oregon border.
and the earth through the plants and other things some of us eat make our bones.
No comments:
Post a Comment