This is a classic tale of Shangri La which reminded me a lot of the King of Shambala too in some ways.
It also reminded me of the book "My Life in Tibet" by Edwin Dingle which I read with my father and visited "The Science of Mentalphysics" in Joshua Tree, California which he started and was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. So a really interesting place. Even people like Carrie Fisher liked to hang out there when she was younger before she passed away at 60. So, very interesting place as well as Dingle's book "My Life in Tibet".
I liked the passage of the Old Tibetan Lama growing an orange tree in his palm from an orange seed. I thought this was a pretty cool idea in the 1970s when I read this passage from "My Life in Tibet"
The Lost Horizon was made by Frank Capra in 1937 and is a classic of it's kind which still resonates (the story) today in many people's hearts. So, hope you enjoy it.
If you know how to use the URL above it likely will take you to this old 1937 black and white movie with sound.
Good Luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment