Thursday, September 17, 2026

Writing

IT's true  you can write about literally anything you want to. However, if you are going to let other people read what you write it likely should be something you know about. Like if you have never been in love before and you write about love it will be obvious to anyone who has ever been in love that you have never been in love and then they will wonder why you are writing about something you don't know anything about from personal experience. However, someone like me who started dating at age 15. I have been in love many times (maybe too many times) but that is another problem in life where things don't always go the way you want them to.

I remember being 16 years old and in a drug store and just wandering around looking at things and minding my own business when I met two friends from High School a boy and a girl. Only one of them was carrying a baby. They looked at me and greeted me and said they had both dropped out of school and gotten married and were living together as man and wife. I was polite to them but at the time I almost either passed out or threw up because I couldn't even imagine at all getting someone pregnant and having to get married at 16. However, I suppose it's also possible that they could still be together and alive like I am because we all were 16 in 1964 and I'm 78 now in 2026.

So, it's a really interesting world we live in if you can survive it.

Love is earth shattering and many people die because of it directly or indirectly when it doesn't work out the way they want. This happened to me too more than once and I considered taking my own life partly because of this. But, somehow I muddled through all those awful times in my life and lived to meet the perfect person for me to stay the rest of my life with at age 46.

You might say: "You dated a lot in life but still didn't meet the right person to spend the rest of your life with until age 46?"

Yes. And this lady who I married in 1995 and met in 1994 has literally saved my life more than once so I have motivation to take good care of her in addition to loving her too and the fact that she has been my best friend since 1994.

So, the point is here I'm trying to make is that LOVE can kill you or make you stronger and if you divorce it is like your whole family died because everyone suffers unimaginably including the wife the husband and any children they have. In fact, I have been divorced too and this means that my step kids went through 2 divorces and so did my son from my first marriage which is something you don't ever want to do you your kids ever.

So, luckily all this didn't kill me or permanently mess me up psychologically so I can have a happy life after 46 until now at 78. 

Thank God I didn't ever give up no matter what.

Many times never giving up pays off in amazing ways.

By God's Grace 

PS SO THE POINT OF ALL THIS IS: Unless you are writing complete fantasy on every level if you want to be taken seriously as a writer don't write about things you don't know anything about. Otherwise, people who do know about these things won't take you seriously. 

No comments:

Post a Comment