Friday, September 25, 2026

Depending upon your physical health the following statement isn't entirely true:

 
The most important framework for human survival on Earth is the Rule of Threes: you can survive 3 minutes without air, 3 hours without shelter in harsh conditions, 3 days without water, 
 
end partial quote from previous AI rendering. for example, I have personally gone 4 days and 4 nights without any water or any food at all in a vision quest.
 
However, it is also true that I did this at age 35 in 1983 too. So, this isn't something I would attempt today at age 78 (even though I had a friend who passed away in his 80s who often went on 40 day fasts up to about age 80 and still stayed alive even though he has now passed on.
 
However, I also met medicine Men and also heard of more who have gone 9 days without water as well even into their 50s as a part of their vision quests.
 
However, 4 days without water or food was quite enough for me and after those 4 days walking back to the medicine man's home down the Trinity River in California was a lot not having eaten or drunk water for 4 days and 4 nights several miles too. 
 
So, I know personally that someone can survive without water if they are in good enough health to begin with under about age 40 too.
 
IN fact, learning I could live without water this long took away all my fears of dying of thirst or starvation by this experience too. Never was I afraid of dying of thirst or starvation ever again after this vision quest of 4 days and 4 nights without water or food. 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment