Friday, September 11, 2026

Here's a link to this classic movie about Shangri La It's called Lost Horizon(1937)

This is an amazing classic movie by the way. it's now going to be 100 years old 11 years from now but it has a lot of heart and wisdom and kindness. As I thought about Frank Capra making this movie I could see how at the time the basic ignorance of Americans of India and Tibet for the most part would make them make the movie like it is. Even when I was in the 1950s growing up people knew very little about the world outside of the U.S., Canada and Mexico for the most part. So, any real understanding of places like Tibet or Nepal or India was only really for the Very rich and well educated who were the ones traveling there then in the 1930s. This was made even before World War II and in the middle of the Great Depression too which is interesting in itself. However, I hope you enjoy this free movie as Much as I have had last night and today watching it again. 

After a plane crash in the Himalayas, a group of travelers discover Shangri-La — a hidden society unlike anything they have ever known ...
YouTube · Cult Cinema Vault (CCV) · Jul 5, 2026


No comments:

Post a Comment