Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Staying another week in Portland (information regarding Myasthenia Gravis) too.

I went to where my sun is recuperating from being intubated in the hospital today as they had moved him and so he was having a hard time and very upset this morning. He was having spasms in his lower jaw and eventually bit his lip which could have been a problem if he drew blood because he couldn't swallow right then. I was afraid the spasms in his lower jaw would make him bite his upper lip again and he might choke on the blood because he couldn't swallow in his present condition then.

He was very upset at his condition as the spasms were wearing him out. So, being more of an engineering kind of person whether it be building houses or technical computer things I have learned how to think in a way that allows me to more easily solve physical problem than most people might be.

So, I sat on his hospital bed and held his jaw closed. He could also talk still but his problem was his mouth was drying out because he couldn't keep his mouth closed "AND" he couldn't Swallow and he was dehydrated and couldn't eat because he couldn't swallow.

At first I thought he might need an IV to hydrate in his arm if he couldn't swallow but when he bit his lip I just went over and held his jaw closed which stopped his cycle of spasms and upper lip biting.

It turns out when my ex-wife (1970s) showed up who is his biological mother she mentioned how she had seen online how MG patients (Myasthenia Gravis patients) hold their lower jaws and didn't know why before she heard about what happened. So, after he and I learned this on our own the hard way I thought it might be important to share this regarding your loved one if they have the same problem. You have to hold their mouth closed somewhat so they can still talk if they want to but enough so their mouths don't dry and and so they can swallow water and food. So, this is a LIFE SAVING move if your loved one has Myasthenia gravis and they cannot swallow because how are you or they going to get food into them or water if they cannot swallow. If you are not in a hospital when this happens they could die eventually from dehydration in their weakened state and from lack of food. But dry mouth and dehydration is the biggest right now because of the elevated Temperatures all over the Nation and world in the northern Hemisphere.

 My son wanted me to stay another week to help engineer his survival by being here. So, luckily my wife's nurse for a knee revision in the San Francisco Bay Area can change her schedule enough for me to stay one more week and hopefully that is enough to help keep my son alive during his present recovery from Myasthenia Gravis.

No comments:

Post a Comment