Writing has always served me well starting because I was an only child. So, in order to work out problems during the 1950s where adults didn't talk to kids a lot yet often you had to solve problems yourself or you weren't going to survive what was happening in your life.
The whole culture was completely different then than now. The structure in some ways was there but things were still pretty Victorian in some ways then in the 1950s. Men very often had short or long term affairs outside of their marriages and lied to their wives about this. However, in some ways this was more normal than now when women seem to have more rights and men have less rights in their lives.
In my family my father was like a King who supported financially my mother, my grandmother and myself. Then because I was a boy I was sort of Prince Fred or Freddie too. So, I was well taken care of with both a mother and a grandmother in the house wherever we lived growing up.
My Mother's mother's husband had left when my mother was 18 so my mother had to financially support her mother and herself until my father and mother married in 1946 when my mother was 27 years old then.
Then my parents when I was 5 became leaders and in charge of a church in Los Angeles so my Grandmother took care of me more as they ran this church. But, at least on Saturdays usually and later Sundays we did things like Go to the Borrego Desert which DAd loved a lot because of all the rain in Seattle all those years where my parents both grew up. So, Dad always loved the desert. I didn't like getting cactus in my bare feet in the desert and like many Coastal California Boys I went barefoot a lot especially after I became a surfer by 12 or 14 years of age. I still go barefoot a lot and find it helps me ground into the earth more so I don't fly off into the sky so to speak.
Tibetan Lamas often are barefoot when they are doing pujas for this reason too to stay grounded to the Earth during advanced practices and pujas for many people.
Here is more on the Borrego Desert that my father really loved especially when we lived in the San Diego Area in Vista and El Cajon.
2 days ago — Largest state park in California, with 500 miles of dirt roads, numerous camping opportunties, 12 wilderness areas and many miles of hiking ...
With 650,000 acres (260,000 ha) that includes one-fifth of San Diego County, it is the largest state park in California and the third largest state park ...
California's largest state park protects 600,000 acres of desert terrain, including dramatic badlands, cool palm oases, twisting slot canyons, and cactus- ...
Images
Anza-Borrego Desert State Park - Wikipedia
Wikipedia
Anza-Borrego Desert State Park | California Suites Hotel
The largest state park in California is home to amazing flowers and plants which bloom in the early spring. require a $10 day use pass. Hiking trails. Very ...
Anza-Borrego
Desert State Park is a California State Park located within the
Colorado Desert of Southern California, United States. Created in 1932,
the park takes its name from 18th century Spanish explorer Juan Bautista
de Anza and borrego, a Spanish word for sheep.Wikipedia
Service options: Picnics · Cycling lanes · Dogs allowed
No comments:
Post a Comment