Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Being Cynical about the world doesn't help anyone

I found myself being very cynical myself when I was in my teens through about age 26. However, I realized as soon as my son was born I had to change away from this cynicism to keep him and my first wife alive so I did.

The same is true now for everyone. The Question is not: "How bad is everything going to get?"

The question is: "What can I do to make my life better and all the people I love better too?"

So, boiled down the question becomes: "What Can I do?"

The question is never: "How bad is it going to get?"

Because that doesn't do anything at all to keep you or your loved ones alive.

But, "What can I do to keep my loved ones and myself alive?"

This makes more sense.

When things get bad it doesn't necessarily help to listen to the news.

What helps is: "What can I do next to keep myself and my family alive?"

When things bad Bad the resourceful get going.

I was listening to a Tom Hanks Interview with my wife on Netflix today talking with Brian Williams and he was saying that his father joined the Navy in March of 1942 when Pearl Harbor was attacked and expected to have to fight until 1949 or 1952. So, his father and his friends who joined the military expected to have to fight for around 10 years or however long World War II was.

I found this to be amazing to be able as a young man to dedicate 10 years of your life at 18 to fighting in World War II. American men and women might have to do this again  within the next 10 years too.

I hope not but unless we do something now Trump is going to turn the whole middle East into Armageddon it is so bad at present. It's really insane. 

No comments: