While I was up in Portland, Oregon I realized I could use some physical therapy after my robotic Hernia operation in March. What was strange to me at that time was I had no pain at all from the operation itself after 1 week. Dr. Beck is truly miraculous as a Robotic Hernia surgeon by the way.
What caused me the most pain and problems then was not the operation itself but rather falling down on rocks at Castle Lake and bruising my right rib cage. But, at least I didn't hurt every time I took a breath which was good. I only hurt every time I coughed or laughed for 3 months after this.
However, now I can see I'm ready for Physical Therapy appointments to try to get my normal gait back after having this hernia since 2015. I suppose if I knew this doctor was doing this with no screening problems for 6000 patients I would have tried to do this earlier. However, by the time I found out about him through a friend in Mt. Shasta who also had a hernia repaired by him my cardiologist told me my heart couldn't take me being put under (which you have to do) for this kind of operation where you are sort of so under you are almost in an induced coma so you won't move at all or can't move at all even involuntarily.
However, because of my pacemaker in 2020 and my amiodarone since 2022 my heart got strong enough finally this year to be put under so my cardiologist finally authorized it. So, because of this I could have this operation in March with some assurance that I could really survive this okay which I did.
So, today I went to a physical therapist that my wife goes to and got some appointments to help me with my gait now my stomach muscles are back to normal for a man of 78 years old once again.
No comments:
Post a Comment