Thursday, September 17, 2026

Yes. Giant Sequoia Redwood Trees can live over 3,000 years!

 
When you are in the presence of likely the oldest living things on the planet you feel their strength and wisdom and longevity and amazingness. You feel in the presence of something wonderful and magnificent. when you think that something is living longer than us by 30 times it's quite breathtaking to contemplate. I always feel amazing around Coastal Redwoods or Sequoia Redwoods and visit them whenever I can always where I live in California along the coast. I haven't been to the Sequioa Redwoods for a long time though because they are far inland up high in the Sierras in Sequioa National Park. 
begin quotes from AI Overview
Giant Sequoia 'Tunnel Tree' in California Is Toppled by Storm ...
Giant sequoia trees can live for over 3,000 years, making them some of the oldest living organisms on Earth.
Lifespan Details
  • Average Lifespan: Most mature giant sequoias (Sequoiadendron giganteum) routinely live between 2,000 and 3,000 years.
  • Oldest Recorded: The oldest known living giant sequoia—tagged as CBR26—is approximately 3,266 years old, verified through dendrochronology (tree-ring dating).
  • Wikipedia
    Sequoiadendron giganteum - Wikipedia
    The oldest known giant sequoia is 3,200–3,266 years old based on dendrochronology. That tree has been verified to have the fourth-
  • National Park Service (.gov)
    Giant Sequoias - Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks (U.S. National Park Service)

No comments: