Monday, August 17, 2026

In the previous article I mention the generator I bought a few years ago now

The first thing you need to know about Gasoline generators for electricity is that you don't ever want to put premium or mid grade gas in them ONLY REGULAR, other wise you will burn them out quickly because they are not designed to run on high octane gasoline.

The 2nd thing is don't use electrical lines that are not designed for out of doors. IN other words the orange 50 foot or 100 foot 3 pronged cords are likely the best designed especially for 110 AC (if your generator generates 110 volts) and you can usually tell by the type of plug it has which voltage it takes. 

Also, don't put this in your living room or garage if your garage connects to your kitchen or any other part of the house because you can die from Carbon Monoxide poisoning otherwise.

So, I bought a plastic Shed from Ace where I both run it and store it for when I need it in the backyard. This way there is no way to die from Carbon monoxide poisoning this way. 

No comments: