For example, I'm 78 and I have lost all my Grandparents, all my aunts and uncles, most of my cousins and my parents and my two male best friends from age 6 and age 10. So, I only have one best friend left who was one of my best men at my wedding in 1995 at the Chapel in Yosemite National park left alive now. Even one my two best men in my Yosemite Wedding who I met in Sunday School at age 6 passed away at age 62 in 2006 who was a couple of years older than me.
So, the point I'm making here is almost everyone I knew growing up in the 1950s is dead now and I can literally only tell you two male friends that I have known are left from meeting them when I was under 10 years old now that I'm still in contact with at all. And then there is my Cousin who I met at age 5 in Glendale, California who is now a retired Lawyer in his 80s in Southern California.
This I think is the biggest problem in trying to live to 100 or 500 or 1000 or 5000 years old.
The question is can you survive without everyone in your life you love that is gone by the time you are 78 like me?
In fact, look at Dolly Parton who died one year about after her husband of 60 years died.
So, from my point of view more than anything Dolly Parton died of a broken heart because her husband died which is quite common among partners all over the world.
So, this I think is the real problem of longevity and not the medical technical aspects of longevity at all.
So, how long will you live?
Only by God's Grace
No comments:
Post a Comment