Saturday, August 31, 2019

Global Warming is making Santa Barbara more climate wise like Hawaii used to be

especially the summers now here remind me more and more of the Fall winter and spring of the Hawaiian Islands the way they used to be. Because even now in the Fall and Spring you will find locals in Hawaii going to shopping centers to stay cool during the day even in Fall or spring it is so much hotter than it used to be there. Two years ago last October, for example, we stayed where we usually have stayed before on Maui and in the past we didn't need an air conditioner because it was much cooler from 1995 until the time we were there in Fall 2017. in 2017 we needed an air conditioner in the fall but it hadn't been installed yet because it was in the 90s with 90 percent humidity to the point where unless you were taking a shower or in the ocean during the heat of the day you were uncomfortable. It didn't used to be this way before Global Warming.

Even here in Santa Barbara in only 80 degrees it was so humid yesterday while I was out and about during the heat of the day that my daughter said to me when I returned in the afternoon, "Dad. You look pale. Are you okay?" And I realized I had gotten my core too hot and I wasn't thinking straight just from 80 degrees on a very humid day here in Santa Barbara. This was a surprise to me. It's true I'm 71 but this is much more like Hawaii used to be in the spring summer and fall now because Santa Barbara used to be much drier than it is now moisture wise in the air than it is now during the summers.

No comments: