begin quote from:
EVERY SONG ON THE CRUELLA SOUNDTRACK 2021: FLORENCE + THE MACHINE, THE DOORS, QUEEN AND MORE!
The soundtrack to 2021 movie Cruella is said to be just as epic as the film itself. So, let’s take a look at all the songs featured in Cruella, as well as what the casts make of the soundtrack…
Released on May 28th, 2021, Cruella is a long-awaited adaptation of Disney classic 101 Dalmations. Anyone who remembers Pongo, Perdy and the adorable idea of over a hundred spotted puppies running around will likely be excited at arrival of Cruella on Disney+.
Not only can Disney lovers prepare for a star-studded lineup acting in the live-action take on a classic, but the soundtrack is apparently a work of art within itself.
CRUELLA MOVIE IS RELEASED ONTO DISNEY+ IN 2021
Transporting back to 70’s London, the director of Cruella was off to a good start when it considering what songs to choose for the 2-hour-14-minute film.
Immediately, artists from that time come to mind including Pink Floyd, The Rolling Stones, The Who, T. Rex, Queen, Elton John, The Clash and many more.
Starring Emma Stone, Emma Thompson, Joel Fry, Paul Walter Hauser, John McCrea, Emily Beecham, Andrew Leung and more, Cruella has a star-studded cast list. The soundtrack to the film is just as epic as its actors and some songs considered ‘the greatest of all time’ are featured.
Emma Thompson, who plays The Baroness, said: “I love the use of music in this movie. I think that Craig Gillespie, the director, uses music to pull you into the screen”.
Speaking of a scene which features Emma Stone singing “These Boots Are Made For Walking”, Cruella director Craig Gillespie said: “While we’re shooting I’m often throwing music against the scenes. I pulled up Nancy Sinatra on my phone and said ‘how about this?‘”
- READ MORE: Rolling Ray trending on Twitter because of this foot photo!
WHAT SONGS ARE ON THE CRUELLA SOUNDTRACK 2021?
Everything from the Bee Gees to Suzi Quatro and Nina Simone features on Cruella. English rock bands such as Supertramp, The Animals, The Rolling Stones and The Zombies all have songs in the film, too. See a list below of the songs included in the movie:
- Bloody Well Right – Supertramp
- I Am Woman – Helen Reddy classic
- Inside – Looking Out – The Animals
- Hush – Deep Purple
- Whisper Whisper – Bee Gees iconic
- She’s A Rainbow – The Rolling Stones
- Watch the Dog that Brings the Bone – Sandy Gaye soul-funk
- Time of the Season – The Zombies
- I Gotcha – Joe Tex American singer
- Five to One – The Doors
- These Boots are Made for Walking – Nancy Sinatra
- Feeling Good – Nina Simone
- Fire – Ohio Players
- Whole Lotta Love – Ike and Tina Turner
- The Wild One – Suzi Quatro
- Call me Cruella – Florence + the Machine
Radio Times also adds the following songs to the film’s long list of hits:
- Livin’ Thing – Electric Light Orchestra
- Stone Cold Crazy – Queen
- Car Wash – Rose Royce
- Boys Keep Swinging – David Bowie
- One Way or Another – Blondie
- I Get Ideas (When We Are Dancing) – Tony Martin
- Should I Stay or Should I Go – The Clash
- I Love Paris – Georgia Gibbs
- Love is Like a Violin – Ken Dodd
- Theme from a Summer Place – Norrie Paramour and His Orchestra
- Perhaps Perhaps Perhaps – Doris Day
- You’re Such A Good Looking Woman – Joe Dolan
- I Wanna Be Your Dog – John McCrea
- Smile – Judy Garland
- Nightmares – The J. Geils Band
- Eternelle – Brigitte Fontaine
- Come Together – Ike and Tina Turner
- The Wizard – Black Sabbath
- Sympathy for the Devil – The Rolling Stones
The Cruella soundtrack is available to download via Spotify and to buy online through both Apple and Amazon Music.
CRUELLA SOUNDTRACK: FLORENCE + THE MACHINE
As well as the variety of throwback songs to punk rock, funk and soul days gone by, the Cruella soundtrack features a new song by Florence + the Machine.
Florence + the Machine’s Call Me Cruella was created especially for the film.
As per Pitchfork, Florence Welch said of being asked to be a part of Cruella: “Some of the first songs I ever learned how to sing were Disney songs. And the villains often got the best numbers. So to help create and perform a song for Cruella is the fulfillment of a long held childhood dream.“
- FRIDAY NIGHT DINNER: Paul Ritter’s interview – When was it filmed?
In other news, Meaning of the ‘Donda Chant' explained as Kanye finally drops his album