Monday, September 27, 2021

Blogging in several stages

 When I first realized I wasn't going to die from a heart virus after thinking I might for around 8 or 9 months and having to retire to stay alive it was June of 1999. I had promised God if I didn't die I would start a blog to sing God's praises for saving my life. So, in June of 1999 I started a website at Geocities. However, I had to program the whole thing in HTML myself which could be very hard. 

But, luckily I had taught myself HTML by taking a page from Yahoo and saving it in 1995 when I had Windows 95 PC operating system on my computer. It was much easier to do this then the way operating systems were designed especially by Microsoft then. I likely wouldn't know how to do this on present operating systems today. but, if I had to I could figure it out in an hour or two if I wanted to do that.

But, what I did in 1995 to learn HTML was to save the main Yahoo page and then look at the software and change variables to see what different things did. What I mostly learned was how to generate text and paragraphs which is what I mostly needed for my very first blog. IF you have programmed in any computer language there are similarities to all computer languages. Just like if you write in any language on earth there are similarities to all other written languages in certain ways too.

Then in 2007 I realized geocities was going away so I bought a site at Yahoo business called dragonofcompassion.com which I still have for my longer writings. I also got a free site which is this one called intuitivefred888 at blogspot or blogger.com which is created by Google and goes everywhere Google goes around the world.

Then now, my older daughter who is much better with online programming than I am and is presently studying digital Film Editing helped me design intuitivefred.com which we opened last night.

But, it is sort of like a house without very much furniture in it and only about 10% to 20% done.

The problem for me is this site structure is so very complex I'm really not sure how to blog there at all yet simply because my daughter mostly designed the site and I just told her what I wanted it to look like.

But, as I was leaving I said I would give her carte blanche to design it in some other way if she wanted to because I realized she is about 80% to 90% more knowledgeable about all aspects of the internet today than I am (But, this is also true of all my children at this point) even though I taught them all as they were growing up originally about all things about Home computers and the internet that I knew then.

But, even though I studied Network computer engineering before I had to retire with a heart virus they still know much more (each of them) than I do presently because the peak of my knowledge about everything computer wise was likely around 2005. But, from 1966 to 2005 I usually didn't ever meet many people who knew as much as I did about computers and networks almost ever.

So, basically, the blog that my daughter created I really don't know yet how to blog there at all or what I want to do there or how I want to do it. Because it is about 100 times more complex (the software) than any blog I have worked on before. So, you almost need to be an online professional to work there.

Don't get me wrong within a few months I likely will figure it out enough to begin publishing stuff there. But, it does take time with something as complex as this operating system actually is to actually figure it all out.

And I'm living at least 5 hours by car or truck away from my daughter now who basically built this site (the structure of it for me). So, that is something I will have to figure out how to deal with that too. But, it will be an interesting challenge for me too.

No comments: