Monday, September 27, 2021

Back in the Greater SF Bay Area

The warmest temperatures I hit traveling north from Santa Barbara were from about Atascadero to Paso Robles around there. After I went inland to about Buellton it was sunny all the way  I believe before I hit clouds and coastal fog at some point. My wife said that the sun had been out along the coast but when I came in about 5 pm today the heavy fog came in and you almost couldn't see through the fog. I'm used to driving in heavy fog from living along the coast so it doesn't bother me. But, some people not used to fog might get scared if it doesn't get foggy where they live inland much. The fog was so thick it was drizzling onto the windshields of all the cars and the temperatures immediately dropped to around 63 degrees because of this extreme change of weather from inland where it was sunny all the way north to this point.

After unloading my truck from the trip I got our dog and took her the 1 mile to the beach from where we live and my wife came along. There had been a leaky outdoor faucet I noticed as I was leaving this morning in Santa Barbara and so my wife talked to our gardener in Santa Barbara so he could fix it soon because water in Santa Barbara is very expensive. It hadn't been leaking before just as I was leaving for some reason. I walked over to it and tried to make it stop leaking drip drip drip but to no avail and realized the faucet had worn out and needed to be replaced or needed new washers inside or something.

No comments: