Sunday, September 26, 2021

Like most of our kids over 10: My daughter is over 30 now, our kids tend to know much more about computers than we do

 I had to come to this realization as my daughter was trying to design my new webpage site which will be called: intuitivefred.com (without the 888) in the new site. But, it isn't open yet.

She was telling me what I could potentially do and where to get pictures which were free and stuff like this for my site. So, I created a background of Mt. Shasta with trees all around and found a picture that reminded me enough of Elohar as a 17 year old in the snow in the trees blowing a kiss where two stars come off her hand and another one with a flying saucer and a figure I meant to represent Elohar as a full adult. They weren't perfect in that it's hard to find pictures like that for free but they will do for now.

But, I realized listening to her that about 80% of what she was saying about my new website was going over my head. She's presently studying to be a digital Film editor and has already worked on several documentaries too. So, just because of her software knowledge in order to be able to do that she is at the very least software wise 10 to 20 years ahead of me at this point.

However, because I studied computer programming in the 1960s I could likely tell people (if they really wanted to know) how computers actually work better than she could.

Because it's all layers you see with computers only really understanding zeros and ones or off switches and on switches which through programming we get them to do all these fancy things. And all programming languages are really ONLY for the convenience of computer programmers and that's all because humans have a really hard time thinking just in zeros and ones in a binary reality of numbers.

No comments: