Saturday, August 27, 2022

Becoming a Natural Shaman has absolutely NOTHING to do with training (at least at first)

 I often recommend people watching Brother Sun Sister Moon to better understand what a natural shaman actually is. It is basically someone who has psychologically died and who then lives in the world of both the living and the dead and has healing gifts often because of this change.

So, when I read this definition in my Cultural Anthropology textbook then in 1971 I recognized myself in this definition too because I had already psychologically died with whooping cough and then later at age about 9 I had psychologically died from a concussion and having seizures from that concussion for about 5 years time. Then my cranium had grown by age 15 and the pressure of the concussion on my brain went away because my cranium (skull) had enlarged through the maturation process (growing up).

After these near death experiences when you have psychologically died from trauma you are never the same again. However, often you have healing gifts like Saint Francis of Asisi and use them for good.

Or you soon die physically because the stress of the psychological death on your body and mind is too great and then you physically die.

No comments: