Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Fred's type of Koans and Haiku are different

 the general Idea with a Koan or Haiku is to say something useful in the least amount of words possible.

I found this way of writing poems useful in surviving my divorce in 1994 and after to survive all this. 

Many do not survive divorce which is difficult to watch at best as they either go crazy or die or both. 

So, I wanted to be a survivor of divorce because I had already been divorced once starting in 1977 from my first wife. So, a 2nd divorce tends to sting more than the first one. However, it also means you keep trying to get it right and don't die in the process too. The very worst is divorcing when kids are involved. My son from my first wife I raised after he was 3 so he had to witness two divorces. Not a pretty sight!

He's 52 now with a son of his own. 

" Three Rock poems"

Rocks
speak to me
tell me of strange things
They say time is-does not pass

Love comes quickly
seeps into painful cracks
In soul caresses

ROCK PEOPLE
"We are your bones
The water your blood
Your breath the sky.

 
 

"Miscellaneous ideas"

Honey Bear talks to me
The tea warms my soul
All is well

When we are quiet
Your presence
Heals my soul

Innocense and wisdom live together

The seeds of being found are in being lost

There is more to life than survival
If you cannot be man enough to trust yourself
You cannot really live at all!

  Copyright 1999

So, like if you want to write a Zen type of Koan here is one here (a famous one) "What is the sound of one hand Clapping?"

As I thought about this I could imagine beating the fingers of my right hand against my palm and making a noise. However, I don't think this was what they were going for. Zen is about Breaking down patterns so you can become enlightened and not get so stuck you die from a complete rut in your life.

Haiku is a little like a Zen Koan in some ways but also different.

Here is my style of Haiku which is my own based upon trying to say as few words as possible but still getting across what you want to understand:

The sun

beats against my face

It was nice before in the hot tub

under the umbrella

No worry concerning Skin Cancer at all

 

Getting older

thoughts sometimes slip away 

like old friends dying

at random points in your life

My best friends died in 2006 and 2011

How can I go on without childhood friends?

 Here is a Koan from Fred:
 

Saint Germain

Says we might live forever

In human bodies? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: