Thursday, January 17, 2008

Being Right Isn't Always Fun

Being Right isn't Always Fun. If you've read many of my Blogs(articles) you know that I am very intuitive. Some might call me a psychic or a Seer. Relatives on both sides of my family have this potential too. They just didn't have to survive childhood epilepsy without any medications like I did. (My father being similar to Christian Science wouldn't let me take medications) so I was on my own and the survival process made me a remarkably accurate Seer.

Most of the time family and friends are uncomfortable when I'm right all the time. They, by now just consider it an eccentricity of their husband, Dad or friend. So I've learned to say what is going to happen when I get information and then when people want something else to happen go along with them mentally(as long as there is no physical harm coming) and then I can be happy or disappointed when what I said would happen happens. I know it is all very odd but this is my life and I have lived this way almost all of it.

I'm presently recovering from another bout of this kind of strangeness only this time it is a disappointment at being right once again.

My oldest biological daughter was going skiing(I ski and she snowboards although she is an expert skier too) with us this weekend. However, back on January 1st I told both her and my wife that if we didn't ski that week (January 1st through 4th) the weekend they were planning to ski wouldn't happen. They said, "Oh Fred. I don't think you're right." So? I'm right once again. I knew that something would stop it. I was laying in bed this morning wondering whether we were going or not. My youngest daughter had a fever of about 100 degrees and my wife was starting to get it too and my oldest daughter had a cold( she told me on the phone) so it's not happening. So, it's not fun always being right. And because I bought into all the family excitement concerning this trip I pushed my predictions to the back of my mind hoping I was going to be wrong. Nope. I was right!

No comments: