Monday, January 14, 2008

Intuition

Intuition is described as (the ability to sense or know immediately without reasoning).

My mother and her mother were dyslexic. I never knew this until my mother at 82 finally told me. It explained a lot.

Though I am not dyslexic and inherited my fathers intelligence I also inherited the ability to process regular or dyslexic intuitive which is an incredible survival advantage I have found through the years. Albert Einstein is perfect example of what you get when you combine a scientific mind with extreme intuition like it is often found in dyslexic people.

A regular mind might process 1,2,3,4,5. However, an intuitive mind whether it is dyslexic based or not might process 1,1000, 1,000,000 and be equally accurate in 1000th the time of a regular mind.

For example, within 5 to ten seconds of looking at a person I know everything I need to know about that person just intuitively. As a young man I think that is why I have always been very successful with women. Another point of view was articulated to me during Thanksgiving when a 15 year old relative said that she thought I was the kind of person Mel Gibson depicted in the movie WHAT WOMEN WANT where he heard their thoughts.

I prefer not to hear peoples thoughts all the time. Once this happened automatically for me but I asked God to not have to listen to others minds all the time as I found it maddening. I asked God just to show me what I needed to know each moment. He did this and life got a lot better from then on.

I believe the best way to refer to intuition would be to say it is an outgrowth of instinct that has become more useful in tribes and civilizations to ones physical and emotional survival and prospering in all ways.

Cultivating both instinct and intuition is accomplished best simply by closely observing all phenomena around one externally combined with observing ones dreams and visions and intuitions. By doing this one learns to become more holistic in ones approach to life. This always leads one to leading a better life and becoming much more aware of everything everywhere. The can eventually lead to peace, prosperity of both a financial and spiritual nature. So ones happiness and fulfillment in life is directly connected to developing ones instinct and intuition and compassion for oneself and all beings in the universe.

No comments: