|05-01-2008, 05:25 PM||#2|
Picture of the Day Guru
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Sunny San Diego
Some cancers take many years to develop and people in 1900 did not live long enough for some of them to develop. Also cancer was not as easy to diagnose as it is today so many "natural causes" deaths may have in fact been due to cancers.
It is true that we are exposed to many more chemicals which have been linked to cancer than were around in 1900. Life expectancy in 1900 was 50 years. Now it is into the 70's and 80's with many more living to 90's or even 100's.
You should still try to eat as fresh and varied a diet as you can and avoid sodas, coffee, simple sugars, etc and get fresh air and exercise. Despite the report on cancer, people are living longer.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- most read articles from KYIV Post
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Evan Rachel Wood - Wikipedia
- AMERICA IS SLIDING INTO "Figure it out for yourself"
- Duffy- Singer: Rockferry
- Wikipedia:List of Donald Trump presidential campaign endorsements, 2016
- Walden Pond Is Now Teeming With Jellyfish—but Don't Panic
- Space junk poses terrifying threats
- Bali Tourism Under Threat as Volcano Agung Rouses