Sunday, March 27, 2011

Scientific inquiry

Scientific inquiry is generally intended to be as objective as possible, to reduce biased interpretations of results. Another basic expectation is to document, archive and share all data and methodology so they are available for careful scrutiny by other scientists, giving them the opportunity to verify results by attempting to reproduce them. This practice, called full disclosure, also allows statistical measures of the reliability of these data to be established. end quote from Wikipedia under the heading "Scientific Inquiry.


One of the reasons that I write in the various styles that I do is that I believe that everyone takes each others ideas and runs with the one that means something to them. And then the next generation does the same, and the next, and the next, and the next. This, to my mind is progress. So, when I write I see it as raising a flag up the mast to see if anyone salutes it. So, if people like some ideas they can then use those ideas as a springboard into their futures as well. And their children can do the same, and theirs and theirs and theirs. So it becomes literally a neverending story.

No comments: