Thursday, October 29, 2020

73 degrees at Castle Lake today on October 29th 2020?

Yes. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. In fact, I got a little sunburned sitting on the UC Davis pier at the fish research center which might be now run by University of Nevada Reno instead. But most of my life it was run by UC Davis.

Castle Lake is my favorite Alpine Lake on earth that you can actually drive to on a paved road. There are many I like around Mt. Shasta but you have to either hike miles to get to them or you have to take a 4 wheel drive like to Cliff Lake which is also a nice Alpine lake too up closer to Gumboot lake in that basic area way above Lake Siskiyou where that Branch of the Sacramento River begins.

A friend of mine launched his inflatable Kayak and paddled to this spot and we both sort of sunbathed and hung out near the plywood pier there near the fish research lab and both of us got a little sunburned which is also amazing for this late in the Year! Beautiful there with so many of the leaves turning yellow, gold or tan or reddish or whatever. Beautiful day!

There was only one other kayak on the lake and very few people on the trails around the lake. Amazing Day!

 

No comments: